Position Title: Youth Fitness Instructor
Position Status: Part time
Position Classification: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Youth Programming Manager
The Youth Fitness Instructors are responsible for teaching the youth fitness classes offered at Gold's Gym. They are responsible for bringing originality to their classes and making the children have a fun and exciting workout. Employees may be subject to heavy lifting requirements, must be able to lift at least 20lbs.
- Contributes to create lifelong fans of fitness.
- Maintain info on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Has a thorough knowledge of, adheres to, and enforces company policies, and procedures, as they pertain to gym operations.
- Contributes to the gym and the employees overall success.
- Teach youth fitness Programs.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Be familiar with the members of the club and be visible to them.
- Assist with special youth fitness related club and community events as requested.
- Help promote youth fitness programs.
- Maintain up-to-date certifications when required.
- Ensure children’s safety at all times.
- Current CPR
- Must demonstrate good communication skills, oral and written.
- Knowledge of instructional techniques.
- Current Certifications (Swimming, etc.)
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and youth fitness principles.
- Rhythm and movement skills.
- Supervise youth fitness participants.
- Monitor class participants to ensure safety and proper exercise technique.
- Monitor class participants to a minimum or 10 participants/class monthly averages.
- Monitor equipment use, storage, and condition.
Gold's Gym Idaho
Stronger with YOU
Gold’s Gym is one of the most iconic brands in the world. As “The Authority in Fitness Since 1965”, Gold’s Gym is recognized for superior service, facilities, programs, and products. Our roots are in Southern California serving workout enthusiasts and people who are serious about fitness and passionate about life. Founder Joe Gold knew how to provide the most motivating and inspiring environment to encourage people to challenge themselves and become the most they could be. Today’s Gold’s Gyms carry that philosophy forward and enhance it with expanding offerings, innovation, and technology.
As part of the Gold’s Gym family you will experience the pride and privilege of being a part of this great heritage. You will feel incredible empowerment from helping others change their lives for the better, just as Joe himself felt. Whether a single mom or a premier athlete, Gold’s Gym is the community resource for everything health and fitness.
Our Core values are: Integrity, Passion, Pride, and Leadership. If you share these values, enjoy working hard, and are selected as a Gold’s Gym Professional – you will have a rewarding career with us in changing lives for the better.
Company Website: www.goldsgym.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)